Wednesday, December 3, 2014

the truth about forever

I almost didn't read The Truth About Forever - this YA book description turned me off a little.

Regardless, I gave the first few pages a go and it drew me in. I liked that it showed different ways and stages of grief.

The mother/daughter relationship was interesting too, I found myself relating.

That's a good thing about reading YA for me...it reminds me a little on how I felt when I was that age.

I think a lot of us "adults" forget what it was like to be a teenager, and although I'm not very fond of my teenage "roller coaster chaos of colors" years, I remember feeling that I could do anything/be anyone etc.

I like to hope that I've carried some of that over even now into my 30's. Being the conventional adult all the time is so dreary.

I also read Lisa Kleypas Dreaming of You. Another historical romance. Not bad but she used the word "factotum" too many times.

It's like she told herself  "Look I found a word, I must use this word at least 20 times in the book!" before writing it.

It's stupid but it bothered me and so it sullied the book overall for me....First world problems I know.

Speaking of - looks like we're going to a Fantasy Bar Draft in Dallas?  I'm not quite sure what it is but Jamie told me we drink cocktails (Ok!-in!) for a kids charity. ...only thing is it's on a Sunday...ugh.