Tuesday, December 30, 2014

not just opinionated

An off the wall one (for me -  cause why not) I picked up reading Lone Survivor.

As I said, I'm not the biggest fan of military stories. The leads are just so stringent -  it's hard to see the depth outside of what's trained into them.

This one carries across pretty well though. It further solidifies my thought process that politicians (instead of assuming or pontificating) should ask those that are in the forefront in war what's actually going on.

Same goes for immigration and women's issues. If you want to know the reality ask someone who is , surrounded by it and/or living it instead of speaking/having an opinion of something you know nothing about.

Or as my favorite saying goes:


 Aside from that, I read Ilona Andrew's story in the Night Shift anthology. She's not my style. Next!