Monday, January 5, 2015

a farewell dear friend letter

One Lavender Ribbon was a "just ok" read for me. What it did do was set off my own reminiscence.

This gal (in the picture below) and I considered ourselves best friends from our senior year in high school through college. She was the maid of honor in my wedding and the last time I heard from her was around 5 years ago. 

It was weird - she met her boyfriend (now husband) and then all communication/response stopped shortly thereafter. No explanation.

Nothing.

I'm not even sure if it was something I said/did or if it was an extreme case of "meet your spouse and move on" that happens to most everyone in their 20's that made her shut off like that. 

Jamie still thinks I should reach out to her and ask why.
I wish I had sometimes, cause yeah, I still wonder every once in a while (hence this post)

....it's just.... it's kinda easy to stop grasping for something that was easily let go of at the other end. Know what I mean? 

So I guess this is my way of closure. Thanks for the fun times friend. Farewell.