Monday, January 5, 2015

a tactile theme

Black Silk - rented it from the library, then Amazon kindly reminded me that I already had this book. (Ugh. Hopefully this "book diary" thing helps with that. I've been doing that a lot lately....)
And so, I skimmed through this historical romance again. I liked MaryAnne for the most part. The bookish gals are fun. Sexy times were..well... sexy. But (as with most erotica) the plot fades and my interest with it.

Wool - my friend recommended this one....Short intro (futuristic/dystopian/sci-fi?) book intriguing in a "what happened?" sorta way.  but... I'm just so done with the mega series cliffhanger endings right now. Maybe I'll go on to read the next. Maybe I won't.

FUN!! I just noticed I have a theme! Hmm what other books have I read with cloth/fabric in the title?

Jude Devereaux's Velvet books - I liked Bronwyn's story the best - I forget which book was hers.

And well dangit...so much for that fun time. I've run out of ideas. Booo.

 ...so here's Stoney's "Velvet" (cause I love this song)....
There you are
it's like a song I heard In a smoky bar 
where the whiskey stirred
Just like my heart and it's dancing alone
And it seems like it just won't ever end


Kresley Cole's new Arcana book comes out tomorrow. So exciting!!!