Sunday, January 18, 2015

austin <--- torture

Just got back from my cousin Jason's wedding in Austin.  Young love, so sweet. Makes me want to get married again. Look at these two making out like newlyweds -


I had the cutest outfit - but lasted 10 minutes with the Betsey Johnson shoes.

I can't hang anymore..it's ridiculous.
Jamie gets so mad - he says "all the other girls bear it why can't you?" ha.
I told him he should try wearing them and then he can talk.

Aside from that, I'm liking Austin less and less.

There are way too many people there now. 6th Street is madness.

We tried to get into a speakeasy called Midnight Rodeo (you have to ring the doorbell to get in) but it was reservation only and they were booked solid. Bar Congress (the bar behind the curtain, within Second Bar) was a good cocktail.

Food - One of my cousins stood in line for 6 hours today to try Franklin BBQ (supposedly the best in the world according to Bon Appetit). But 6 HOURS? Really!! Crazy.

We drove out to Salt Lick and it was yummy - as always - especially the baby back ribs...i'm not waiting 2 hours anymore (much less 6) to get barbecue...we're in Texas not freaking Canada for cryin out loud, good barbecue is not hard to find.

And seriously...Austin, you're killin me. You're losing your character.  I used to love you.

Books -  Lord of Scoundrels was a little ridiculous..(I mean did she really just shoot him?...) but I loved the sassy, loved the chemistry. A good one.

Also read Sara Ramsey, I finished reading the book just to see what happened but it was kinda cheesy and I lost respect for both leads really so no more of hers for me.