Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Where are my dragons!

State of the union is tonight. This about covers it:  "Unless you've concocted a drinking game for the annual address to Congress (drink if John Boehner's tie matches his tan, chug for every Joe Biden smirk), you might be better off catching the highlights tomorrow and planning something a little more exciting..."

The whole politicking theme actually ties in to (what I'm reading) #2 of Courtney Milan's The Brothers Sinister series Heiress Effect and now #3 The Countess Conspiracy.

No whiny "woe is me" girls here too...score!

It's weird but this bothers me -
Jane (in the Heiress effect) is described to dress over the top crazy (hot pink, gaudy jewels etc) so why does the book cover have her in a - notably gorgeous but - normal green dress?

granted... I woke up a little grumpy today but I've noticed this many times now and it drives me bonkers!!!

-  a girl described as brunette is blonde on the cover. Or a regency book has the male wearing what looks like denim.

WHAT THE HECKFIRE?

Can politicians not be mostly all talk?
Do publishing companies not read the book?
Do authors/we just have to go with it?

Cause I'd think if I was the author I'd be a little pissed.