Friday, January 2, 2015

the best version

We had a packed house of friends and family over on our NYDay open house yesterday. Fun, but I forget how much work it is to have a party....oy.

So now I'm supposed to be taking down the Christmas stuff, but I'm lacking motivation so lets just list the books I've recently read ...cause I feel like it.

These three are totally different from each other.

- Her Druid Temptation - paranormal, great chemistry, short
Whatever You Like - contemporary. A story with Black leads. I liked the change in imagery, she mentions Idris Elba as likeness to Roderick (the male lead). I had no idea who he was until I saw Pacific Rim. I see the appeal. He's totally sexy..... but why did they put white people on the cover of the book?
Lord and Lady Spy - historical romance but with a Mr/Mrs. Smith plot that I really liked.

I'm still reading through Lone Survivor too. They're about to head into Operation RedWing (where he lone survives), everything up to this point was mostly him describing the process of becoming a Navy SEAL.  It is actually interesting - it's just my attention span is minimal with these kinds of books. His opinions of "lefties" and "liberals" throws me off too. The story and the people in it is amazing enough to stand on its own. Just tell the story yeah?

And so with that said -  I hope 2015 is a more good story than bad -  and this: