Wednesday, January 7, 2015

did y'all feel that earthquake!?

Mark that off the list of experiences - I felt an earthquake yesterday!
Just a baby one comparatively speaking but still really weird... ...


Seriously though, I'm ok with not ever feeling another one...

Also, finished the long awaited Dead of Winter. This is my least favorite of the series so far.

I got annoyed with the reminders of what had happened previously (seriously we're on the third book! it's on them if they don't know what's going on!)

BUT worse -  i got annoyed with Evie - lame remarks/analogies about climbing ivy and unbending oak, sentences like "...i'm going to give this everything I have. Will you?", what animals bench press, I could go on.

It did read a little better as it went.

I liked that she made a decision on Jack or Aric.
This is a love triangle done well!  But with that ending... it may not matter which choice she made -

 I doubt it though.

I'm not giving up on my favorite author of all time, it was still a good fast-paced book

... which means another year of waiting to see what happens next commences now.

Thoughts are with you Paris - it's just awful people terrorizing people - that it's in the name of religion/their God (ever, at any time) makes it that much worse.