Monday, April 20, 2015

Messi ponies & Long

So we went to the horse races Saturday night and it got rained out - i swear it looked like a tornado was coming.

I don't ever want to go through one of those again.
I remember a few years ago looking up and seeing a funnel forming - turning the sky purple and green. Spring in North Texas is crazy. 

I've been through a hurricane, surrounded by tornadoes, and felt an earthquake. I think I'm good now God.

A friend of ours knew a horse owner so we got to go to the paddocks/winners circle. So that was pretty cool at least.

Finished reading Julie Anne Long's 1st Pennyroyal series book. There were a few points when conversation got long-winded but overall I liked it! She painted the leads well. I'll start the second book soon.

I saw Messi scored his 400th goal. I'm by no means a soccer afficionado but I like sports and while in Barcelona we stayed an extra day just to see Messi play at Camp Nou v. Valladolid. He was hurt, so we didn't see it...such a bummer cause I think it would've been really cool to see one of the best athletes of all time play.

Still... I don't regret going. Those fans are true fans.
And of course Barcelona was wonderful...WAY better than Madrid.


I lasted through George Strait for last nights country awards. Which is what..10 minutes? oy brutal.